Winfred Marcel Peppinck

What the Eye Cannot See by Winfred Marcel Peppinck

Any child given the name Winfred Marcel Peppinck is destined to become either a diplomat, a novelist, or an adviser to a King.

Or like my friend Fred – as I call him – you can be all three.

Ringing in the New Year together, Fred and I chatted about what we were going to accomplish in 2012.  He had finished his book and was figuring out how to get it published.  I was to finish my book and figure out how to get it published.  Fred has done it.  I have not.

Which is why it is Winfred Peppinck who will be talking about his latest book, WHAT THE EYE CANNOT SEE, and not me.

WHAT THE EYE CANNOT SEE is an Aesop’s Fable for grown-ups with great characters and all too real circumstances.  Fate may conspire to bring people together, but what happens when it grows bored with the game?

Reviewer  Debbie Al Asfoor (how does she get these books before I do?)

“Loved this book. Couldn’t put it down. Racy and exciting. An unexpected twist in the story. Thought provoking and the one ultimate crime in a partnership that the majority of us dread … infidelity! All very real and certainly gives food for thought!”

If you are interested meeting this Dutch author who grew up in Perth, then come along to WORDS on Budaiya Highway this Tuesday, May 1 at 7pm.  Fred will talk about this book, his other novels including The Diplomatic Dog of Barbados and e-publishing.

WORDS is on Budaiya Highway in the Palm Square Shopping Center.  It will be on the right hand side if you are coming from the Burgerland Roundabout towards Al Osra.

Advertisements

8 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Debbie Al Asfoor
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:22:40

I’m looking forward to your book getting published Eva. Maybe tomorrow night someone will make an offer you can’t refuse!

2. Deborah Hope
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:52:08

I can’t believe this. Really, you are too full of surprises. Is (Win)Fred still in his old role? I never met him, only heard about him. He must have some extraordinary stories to tell, and I hope they are going into a serious book.

• Eva the Dragon
      Apr 30, 2012 @ 13:55:19

Yes it is all true. If his stories do go into a serious book, it will only be after he leaves for good.

3. LmbK
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 15:41:23

Ganbare!(Gahn-bah-ray!) (Do your best! Fight! COOOOOOme ONNnnn EVA!) You can get finished and published too. Don’t rush though, let it be a piece of love.

• Eva the Dragon
      Apr 30, 2012 @ 13:54:32

Maybe all that encouragement would work if I spoke Japanese.

Thanks it will happen – I need to follow my editors’ advice.

4. Melissa van Maasdyk
    Apr 30, 2012 @ 09:31:28

Sounds delicious and love the cover; wish I could be at launch in one of my favourite Bahrain spots but have just arrived in London en route to Canada and who knows what? Sure your launch will follow this year Eva, you have a great story to tell and you’re sooooooo close.

5. winfredpeppinck
    May 02, 2012 @ 12:03:47

Dearest Eva – Twas a great joy to see you last night and an even greater joy to know that you will be reading my latest book. I am always VERY grateful when people take time to read something that I have written, for I know that we all have coices on what to do with our leisure time. Thank you too for putting me on your blog. I agree that winfred is not a name I would have chosen for myself – but then I didn’t. I think my jazz loving father secretly harboured a wish for a girl and in after-the-war Holland, an English name like Winifred (Atwell) might have gone over well!! One publisher asked me for my real name!!
    Hope you enjoy the book for I feel the characters are real and with the growth of sites like Ashley Madison, the circumstances are as well!!! I tried to convey it from a man’s as well as a woman’s point of view. Now your book is next! As Churchill said, “Never, never, never, never – never give up” and I will be around to get you to sign it!

I am glad that i found you – at last – and i won’t be dragon my feet to post a comment and rabbit on about this or that, or crow about something! I look forward to learning.
    Warmest wishes

• Eva the Dragon
      May 03, 2012 @ 20:19:40

It was nice to see you again. I wish you all the best and hope you have great success with your book.

I look forward to reading your crows.

EVA

Tell Me What You are Thinking

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s